Protozoid

Protozoid
Hi, today I will be showing you all how to use Windows programs on Linux using the software known as Wine.

There are a couple of requirements to be able to do this.
Those requirements are the following:

- Have a distribution of Linux installed (this tutorial will be easier if you're using the same distribution as me, which is Ubuntu).
- Have Synaptic Package Manager installed (this probably comes installed by default, haven't checked).

If you have the both, you are ready to get started.

I will be showing you how to do this via numerical ordered steps. Yes, I know, simplicity for the win.

Installation of Wine

Step #1 - Launch Synaptic Package Manager.
Step #2 - Search for Wine in the search textbox.
Step #3 - If you entered correct info, results will popup in the table below. Check Wine then click apply.
Step #4 - Click install on the dialog that popups after you completed step three.

Linux-Windows Interface

Step #1 - Click on the Applications menu on your desktop.
Step #2 - Find Wine then find Browse C: Drive, click it.
Step #3 - Click on the Windows folder and then find the explorer executable.
Step #4 - If you've used Windows before you should know how to work the explorer program. If you don't, use it to browse and launch the Windows program you wish to use.

Well, that concludes this detailed tutorial on how to run native Windows applications on the number one Operating System, Linux.

Note: I will be trying to make more efficient tutorials. And by that I mean occasional video interface, occasional screenshots, more detail, etc.

Thank you for your time.

- Protozoid -

Last edited by Protozoid on Tue 10 May 2011, 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total

jantanik

jantanik
Great information! Its very helpful. Thanks for sharing a lot.

Sponsored content